Musings of a Palestinian Princess: Thank god for the internet!

Musings of a Palestinian Princess

I'm just your average princess just under occupation...

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Thank god for the internet!

Being a princess isn't all it's glamorized to be. Then again, I'm not actually considered a "princess," yet. We, as a colonized country have yet to take control of our country once and for all. I believe it will happen one day, but for now, I'm just a princess under occupation.

I am digressing.

Anyways, I currently live in the West Bank. I am 26 years old and a graduate from an Ivy League university in the States; where I studied the Fine Arts so I'm not so into the political mumbo jumbo, but when you live in this part of the world, you can't just ignore it because once you leave your home its in your face constantly.

After coming back from the United States, a place I called home for 5 years, living back here is like waiting for your death sentence to carry out. Don't get me wrong, this is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Palestine has beautiful olive tree covered mountains, gorgeous architectural cathedrals, and the kindest most welcoming people in the world. But there is something about occupation that just doesn't feel right.

I will use this blog to let all you all in the free world see what my life in the West Bank is like, through photographs, art and my musings. Thank god for the internet!

2 Comments:

At Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:15:00 PM, Blogger SZ said...

it will be interesting to read your blog. i will come back to check regularly..
: )

 
At Monday, January 30, 2006 4:10:00 AM, Blogger Cian said...

Me too, looks very interesting keep it going.
RR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home