Musings of a Palestinian Princess: Talking on the phone

Musings of a Palestinian Princess

I'm just your average princess just under occupation...

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Talking on the phone


I was talking to my friend last night, and we were wondering what will happen to us now that Hamas is in government. I didn't vote, but I know a lot of people who did vote for Hamas voted for them because they haven't stolen from the people and have actually made great strides to make living in Palestine better. I guess I would have voted for them too. We need to give them a chance. Why, you may ask?

Well, why not? The world has come to know them as suicide bombers, but they fail to remember why they encouraged that. It was the intifada, Israeli soldiers were in the streets, Palestinians were confined to their homes, sometimes without electricity and water and worst of a lot of innocent people were losing their lives including children . I remember those days, as thats when I was sent to the US to study because my father would rather have me away than to experience the terrors of what was happening to our land. Palestine did not have an organized army, the people had no one to depend on to protect their land, their country, and their people. So enter Hamas... A group that gave the people hope and faught back. They were kamikazi's. They were protecting us when we had no one to protect us.

So back to my telephone conversation... Since many people in the world do not know what Hamas is all about, since a lot of the people do not know what humiliation we go through everyday, they are oblivious and they believe the propoganda.

Israel has a lot of money, and there are more Jewish people in New York than in Israel alone and they are educated and strong people. Ofcourse they are going to protect what they believe is right, but at the expense of a lot of indigenous Palestinian lives. They have the means to make campaigns and reach a lot of people to teach about their culture, heritage, and what not... And as Palestinians we have to sit and watch because we can't even leave our cities to go to schools, and travel the world let a lone think about campaigns on improving the Palestinian image.

I gaurantee if any of you in cyber world were to live the lives of even the "luckiest" Palestinian you would quickly change your views and see that the treatment we receive by some of the Israeli soldeirs is just down right aweful. I say luckiest, because my situation is a hell of a lot better than a lot of people here, and if you were living my life and you are coming from the west, you would either turn into a suicide bomber or become a major activist, Ok, thats not funny, but its true!

And I say some Israeli's and some Jewish people, because there are alot of good ones! I have many Israeli Jewish friends who sympathize with the Palestinian people, oh yes, they do exist. But we don't ever hear about them in the news... Hmmm, I wonder why?

13 Comments:

At Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And as Palestinians we have to sit and watch because we can't even leave our cities to go to schools, and travel the world let a lone think about campaigns on improving the Palestinian image.

How is it that you can leave to go to the US and not others?

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:50:00 PM, Blogger Palestinian Princess said...

Good question... I'm lucky, my family is well off so after high school I applied to American Universities, got accepted at one of the best ones and they helped with application process and everything.

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you use your obvious advantage to good affect.
The EU are pumping billions of euros into the Palestinian economy so are US with billions of dollars, but to what affect where is all this money going? surely not for guns and bombs while the majority suffer degrading conditions and even more galling being told its all the fault of the Israelis.

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2006 3:36:00 PM, Blogger Palestinian Princess said...

Charlie! Good to see you back!

I really do plan to use my advantage for good affect of the image of Palestinian people to the rest of the world. I want it known that there are all kinds of people who live here, Christians, Muslims and Samaritan Jews and we have good understanding and respect for each other, and that the image being portrayed in the media as Palestinians and Arabs in general are terrorists need to be stopped, this is in fact a fallacy and these “terrorist” groups are a minority and do not represents all the people, but the media picks and chooses what to show to the world. The true “terrorists” are never shown, but more on that later. You know news is more fun when it is exaggerated and aimed at taking down a certain group for that countries best interest…. Anyway, the millions of dollars and euros being pumped into the country is being used with good intentions, and again more on that later.

And another fact, is that many of the Palestinians DO NOT blame ALL of their problems on Israeli’s, many of them see that the minority of trouble makers are the ones who make the headlines. I mean please, as a Palestinian I know that there is no way that we can fight against and beat Israel with our stones and our weapons supplied to us by Israeli’s anyway. I don’t think we can stone them to death or send their way makeshift paper bombs concocted in someone’s kitchen, please… Even Palestinians are not that stupid, we all know the way to a peaceful existence is through talk. But if Israeli’s are not even willing to communicate with us, what the hell are we supposed to do??

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2006 3:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...hello! man I do enjoy reading ur blog too! Could I link you up from my site then? :D And perhaps get to know you better as well!

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2006 3:59:00 PM, Blogger Palestinian Princess said...

nisa_rk!! Sounds good, I will link to you too... I am really new at this so I gotta figure out how. I think this technorati thing is supposed to automatically do it, but who the hell knows!!

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2006 4:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well good for you.
The Israelis will talk to Palestinians its Hamas that they find objectionable, as do many Western countries its also in Iran’s political interest not to have a peaceful solution in the Middle East and they have the political infrastructure to keep the pot boiling for quit a while, unfortunately.

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:55:00 PM, Blogger Cathie said...

It's amazing how much the media skews everything, and more amazing how much the masses believe it. The people in the US who are most critical of Hamas are the least informed, that's for sure.

(FYI- Technorati only tracks incoming links, but in the blogosphere, you will get more links if you put more links in your sidebar.)

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2006 6:14:00 PM, Blogger Palestinian Princess said...

Ok cool, I added you guys to my list of blogs.

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to see someone in Palestine writing about what is going on. I agree that the media doesn't report what truly goes on but rather just the few people that do bad things. Please understand that just like how you want people to know that Palestinians and Arabs aren't terrorists that the rest of the world may not be looking at an accurate picture of what is going on there. I'm sure you know this after living in the US for 5 years and watching our news. Keep up blogging and telling the truth behind scenes. Your people don't get a fair representation in the media, that is for sure.

Irrision
http://www.irrision.com

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:12:00 PM, Blogger Palestinian Princess said...

Irrision,

So sorry that I went off on your site like that... And your right, a lot of the world does see a one sided and propogated (is that a word?) side. Underdogs are never properly represented anywhere anyways, and to say I can get used to that well, then I might as well just leave everything right now, but I can't. i can't imagine living the rest of my life like this, I can't. After living in the USA, you get a better idea of what personal life she be like, and that is what I am talking about on this blog anyway, is just my personal life. In the US, you do what you want, you come and go as you please, you can travel, etc. As a Palestinian these rights that seem so minial and normal to the rest of the world is such a task here. Like for example, when I do get to travel, I can't go to Ben Gurion airport which is about 25 minutes from where I live but on the Israeli side, instead I have to travel about 2 hours to Jordan, which can be longer if the soldiers in the checkpoints want to keep you waiting there for absolutely no reason but to ruin your day, then you get to Jericho, and you have to go to the bus station to take a communal bus, they only allow a certain number of buses to pass that day and within a certain time frame, anyway, you get to the border, you get off the bus, they check the bus, then you get on the bus, meanwhile they are yelling at you and the 95 year old person infront of you to HURRY UP, etc. more on this later, maybe I will make it a post, exactly that will be my next post, thanks Irrision for giving me my next topic, lol...

 
At Monday, January 30, 2006 3:56:00 PM, Blogger Jonthon said...

Dear Princess:
Thanks for drawing my attention to your blog, which I have bookmarked. I am a Journalism graduate student in Missouri (a reddish-purple state). I see the conflict between Israel and Palenstine only though the U.S. media lens, and on this issue I have difficulty seeing past their obvious pro-Israeli bias. That doesn't mean I think Palestine is completely in the right, just that I realize that isn't the case for Israel either.

More to come as I make my way to the top,
Jonthon

 
At Monday, January 30, 2006 4:14:00 PM, Blogger Palestinian Princess said...

Jonthon,

You are soooo correct! I believe both sides use the media to their advantage, and in the US it is so on the Israeli, I mean come on, I lived in New York City, lol... BTW, I am adding your blog to my list. Thanks for the bookmark!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home