Musings of a Palestinian Princess: Mother Earth & Nature

Musings of a Palestinian Princess

I'm just your average princess just under occupation...

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Mother Earth & Nature


Wake up Palestine! We need to start taking care of our country and our environment. If we do not respect our country, who will? Environmental issues often touch on people's fundamental beliefs and shake up the values that they hold dear. For this reason, take a look around our country... Does it reflect good things about us?

I know we are all going through a tough time now, but we need to start taking care of ourselves, our community, and our land. I am not sure how I alone am going to do this, but atleast this blog is keeping track of my ideas, lol...

All I know is as educators, parents, and inhabitants of this earth we have to deepen our and our childrens environmental awareness. With everything that has been going on in the Middle East, sometimes things like this are taken lightly, but I am encouraging my Palestinian Family to try to live normally under occupation, one day someone will hear our voices.

Let us be peaceful with ourselves, our environment, let us concentrate on building a future for ourselves, do not worry, we will have our freedom one day, one day when our voices our finally heard. Be strong and make our children strong. Let's make a world for them that feels safe and lets start with a peaceful step, one at a time. Let us show the world that we are an intelligent community, because I know Palestinians are among the most educated societies in the Middle East.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, February 04, 2006 6:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on!!!!!!! We need more voices like yours.

 
At Monday, February 06, 2006 1:23:00 PM, Blogger Innocent Criminal said...

"Let us show the world that we are an intelligent community, because I know Palestinians are among the most educated societies in the Middle East."

And unfortunately one of the most hated in the region even by their own neighbors (i.e. Lebanon & Jordan) not to mention the migration of the many well educated to other countries has left Palestine with a void in great human resources. I find it difficult for anyone to convince people who lack the very fundamental rights to worry about "luxury" concerns such as the environment. Its one hell of a juggling act, good luck.

Tarek
http://innocent-criminal.blogspot.com/

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Palestinian Princess said...

Well since I don't take the environment as a "luxury" and instead as my home and in this case my country, I take pride in encouraging people to not liter and throw their used tires in the empty land behind my home. It is not a luxury as much as it is a necessaty, it is shelter.

You know, keep coming back to my blog, because even through all this oppression and depression, I try to lead a normal life, a lot of people do. We are all sick of this and want our freedom but that doesn't mean we should sit around and mope or throw stones or become radical militants. There are different ways to get our voices heard and I am just encouraging this.

I mean, Tarek, obviously you are Middle Eastern, Syrian, I guess, you should be able to relate to us culturally if nothing else. There are many people who haven't even left this area, who have never seen the West, they just hear about it and see it on TV. There are fundemental things that as humans we must fulfil, and my mission is to help my country first by spreading the word of a normal living being in the West Bank, and the second is to start some type of NGO that teaches and encourages normalcy, whatever that is.

I am not doing anything bad by telling our youth to stop playing with toy guns, and violence isn't the solution, and that taking care of our enviornment is natural. The things I want to encourage do not cost money but instead create love and understanding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home