Musings of a Palestinian Princess: Rumors, Gossip & all that Jazz

Musings of a Palestinian Princess

I'm just your average princess just under occupation...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rumors, Gossip & all that Jazz

First, Israel stops flour from entering Gaza, and now stops petroleum from the W. Bank. What's next?

Maybe some of you know, well, maybe you don't, but last Sunday Israel stopped petroleum to the W. Bank, granted it lasted only for a day but it was surely done as a slap on the wrist for us bad Palestinians.

This isn't the first time Israel has used these types of tactics on us, I remember a time where we didn't have electricity, running water, and gas for a MONTH, ahh, what memories! In Israel the water is controlled by the Department of Agriculture but the water for the W. Bank is controlled by the Department of Defense so I will let you guys ponder that one... Ok, are you pondering?

Now, I know a lot of you kind hearted souls out there are asking yourselves, why would Israel do this? Well, because Hamas won, it's as simple as that. I also wanted to quickly point out that, during the election, we had "referees" from everywhere to make sure that the election was all democratic and what not, and all the "referees" went back to their respective countries and confirmed that we had a democratic election, and yes, we had referees from the USA too. So anyway, Hamas was elected with a democratic election. Now, that Hamas won in this democratic election, now the USA and a couple others don't want to talk to Palestinians. Ok, the logic here kills me.

So anyway, these days I am just sitting and contemplating my future as I do not know what will be happening. Am I going to be free or are things going to get worse? I'm in limbo.

So there are rumors floating around of course, that Israel plans on cutting off the water, electricity and gas to W. Bank again but for a longer time. I think we should get a generator. At my house we already have a water depot under our house and we use solar power to heat our water, so that's good, but we have to prepare for electricity if that is taken away from us. I know that we can go exactly one month without getting our water replenished, after that, who knows.

Ok, I just wanted to let you all know where I am at now since I haven't updated in awhile... I am sorry, I have been really busy, we have an upcoming wedding in my family soon so I am helping with preparations, my lovely and handsome brother is getting married to his lovely long time girlfriend. Now, it will just be me and mama at home, although they will be living close by!

Take care all of you, I will write soon!

12 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:00:00 PM, Blogger Innocent Criminal said...

They are not pissed off because you guys had a democratic election. its cause u didnt have THEIR type of democratic elections :) you know, the ones with hanging chads and confused hebrews in florida

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:16:00 AM, Blogger BHCh said...

Hey, Princess:

Do you think that electing Hamas in a truely demoncratic election is much to be proud off?

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hamas is a terrorist organization.

You people voted them in. Now reap what you sowed.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 5:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy,

Nice to hear from you again, I have read a write up from one of those referees, Jimmy Carter, (www.cartercenter.org) and I wish someone would just give Hamas a chance & lets see what they can do! I am not a Hamas fan but I am also not a Bush fan for that matter, but the world is overreacting when Hamas has already put a moratorium on bombings for a year now, maybe they can control the different factions where fatah wasn't able to. But no one is giving it a chance, just reacting.

The whole world wanted a democratic election but when they got it, they didn't like it, well its too bad.......how can you push for it & then critize it when it actually worked!

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations on the upcoming wedding.

I'm not touching Hamas elections this time...

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 3:20:00 AM, Blogger Simon said...

Welcome back.

 
At Saturday, April 15, 2006 2:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hamass don't need money from Israe. They belive in Allah!

 
At Saturday, April 15, 2006 1:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy,

did th thought of the Quassam rockets as the reason for Gaza restrictions crossed your mind?

 
At Sunday, April 16, 2006 3:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog in my periodical "let's read about one-sided people who hate Israel" browse. The truth is, you are pretty cool.. we don’t agree on a few points, but your blog and views are insanely sane, which I find refreshing.

Maybe I should read more Palestinian blogs and less "bored euro do-gooders".(Who are just as bad as American “we won’t come serve in the IDF, but we’ll send you money and feel we are helping” types)

I dunno if I’ll keep reading though I honestly hope I will, and I’d like to get to know you better (Damn, no, that’s okcupid speaking)

Anyways, that’s it, see you around I think.

 
At Sunday, April 16, 2006 6:55:00 PM, Blogger Palestinian Princess said...

Thanks everyone for coming back to check up on me, haha... Thanks for the congrats with my bro, he is happy, one day my turn will come, hahaha...

Anyway, for those of you who think all of us voted hamas in is crazy. Remember it was democratic so anyone who wanted to vote, voted, that means a lot of us didnt... Im one of them!

Hamas sucks but Fetah is no better, who the hell to vote for except no one... I know thats how a lot of americans think because I was there during the last elections, you know with Bush, and a lot of my friends chose to refrain...

I was just exercising my democratic freedom of refraining from voting.

And people who think hamas is all psychotic terrorists have got to stop! PULEASE PEOPLE...

Yes, they condoned suicide bombing but HELLO PEOPLE ITS A FREAKING RESISTANCE STRATEGY albeit violent, but seriously live here and have an Israeli shove a gun into your back to make you walk faster, or yell at you or spit at you, you will one day get fed up with it...

Your business options are limited, your job options are super scarce (yes, Im still unemployed), you cant move around your city, when soldiers enter the city you gotta "hide," so for all of you who call our resistance terrorists should take another look, WE ARE THE MINORITIES, minorities are always the ones who get crushed... So kiss my ass.

Ahhhh, that felt good to say...

 
At Sunday, April 16, 2006 11:53:00 PM, Blogger ziz said...

Keep up the good work Princess. I will link this piece to drive the sensible right thinking members of the bogosphere to your personal experiences.

If you get a generator make sure it's a Honda.

 
At Monday, April 17, 2006 12:05:00 AM, Blogger ziz said...

Here yer go Princess...

http://postmanpatel.blogspot.com/2006/04/waterless-in-gaza.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home