I was watching TV last night (MBC4) and I discovered this show called "Starting Over." Its such an amazing concept as I never heard about Life Coaches or anything, and immediately I thought to myself, I NEED A COACH... Well, since they don't exist in Palestine, I am hoping all of you lovely visitors will help me coach myself.
As you all know, I basically feel STUCK. I had to move back to Palestine after my dad passed away last year and now I am just here... I am not doing anything productive. Life is so slow and so stagnent, I mean, besides from the whole situation, the people who live here have very limited choices. I want to break away from this thinking, I feel that I have just let a year pass by and I haven't accomplished anything, I can say that my biggest project has been this blog.
I was reading about self improvement on the web, and I am coming to the conculsion that letting myself feel "stuck" and feeling like I have no control over my life is part of the big problem. Ofcourse, I can sit and blame the Israeli's for confining my movement and making me feel like I live in hell (they are, but I need to take action not just sit and complain) and I can sit and complain about how backwards the people are here and how I don't have a free social life, etc.
I think the first thing I need to do is figure out my goals... I am going to list my goals even if they seem impossible because of the confinement and what not... Then I guess I will think of action plans and stuff, but here goes my list for the next 25 years...
1) I want to design a life that makes me incredibly happy.
2) I want to start my own business. (I need money).
3) I want to get my masters, maybe PHD.
4) I want to learn French & Turkish.
5) I want to personally evolve.
6) I want to travel the world.
7) Identify my unique talent and strengths and leverage them.
8) Learn how to give people what they want without costing me anything (emotionally).
9) I want to stop over-reacting and respond with sense instead (maybe I can find a husband then, hahaha, Just kidding).
10) I want to write a book.
11) Complete projects not just plan and let them go.
12) Increase my self-esteem.
I probably have more, I just have to think about them... Now, how will I implement these, hmmmm....